We are committed to protecting the rights and privacy of individuals in accordance with the Privacy Laws of Republic of Korea and applicable local data protection laws.
PARMI Co.,Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “PARMI”) cares about customers’ personal information and complies with the relevant laws and regulations regarding “Promotion of Information and Communication Network Use and Protection of Information“. In compliance with personal information processing policy, PARMI informs the customers about how and for what purpose the personal information provided are being used and also about what measures are being taken to protect their personal information. If PARMI is to amend personal information processing policy, it will be announced on the website(www.parmi.com)
○ This policy is effective from January 1, 2020.
1. Purpose of processing personal information
PARMI uses the collected personal information for the following purposes and does not overuse or provide information to others or other companies/organizations. PARMI asks for permission when the purpose of use changes.
① Handling inquiries and requests
PARMI process personal information for the purpose of answering product/technology inquiries and technical service/download requests.
② Marketing and advertising
PARMI processes personal information for the purpose of running customer promotions, identifying frequency of customer visits to our website or getting statistics concerning service utilization by our web members.
2. Period of retaining and utilizing collected personal information
PARMI processes and retains personal information during the period of retaining and using personal information according to the law or if collecting the personal information is agreed.
The period of retention of personal information is as below.
– Period of retention of personal information : 3 years
– Reason for retention : Records and statutes related to collection/processing and use of credit information
3. Sharing and provision of personal information to third parties
If necessary, PARMI provides personal information to third parties as follows.
– Overseas offices and agencies
– Purpose of use of personal information : To deal with inquiries and requests
– Period of retention of personal information : 1 year
4. The rights and exercise of the user and the legal representative
The user can exercise the following rights as a personal information subject.
– The user may request that his/her personal information be accessed, corrected or deleted.
– The rights specified under the first paragraph of the preceding Article can be exercised through written notice, phone call, email, or fax to PARMI. Upon receiving such a request, PARMI shall take necessary measures.
– The exercise of the rights under Paragraph (1) may be made through the legal representative of the information entity or an agent such as the person who has been delegated. In this case, you must submit a power of attorney according to Form 11 of the Enforcement Regulations of the Personal Information Protection Act.
– In accordance with Article 35 (5) and Article 37 (2) of the Personal Information Protection Act, the rights of information subjects can be restricted when they require their personal information not to be accessed or processed.
– Provided that PARMI may reject the request of you only to the extent that there exists either proper cause as prescribed in the laws or equivalent cause.
– When there is a demand to view, rectify, delete, or stop processing pursuant to the information subject’s rights, it shall be checked if the person who made the demand is the information subject himself/herself or his/her legitimate agent.
5. Collected personal information items and method
Personal information items provided
– Required information: Name, corporate name, region, email, phone number
– Optional information: Department
6. Procedure and methods of destruction of personal information
In principle, PARMI destroys the information without delay once the acquisition and utilization of the personal information is achieved.
The destruction procedure, time and method are as follows.
① Destruction procedure
The collected information shall be stored for a period time after the end of the purpose and will be destroyed according to internal regulations and the reasons for the information protection (see retention and usage period) by other relevant laws. Personal information shall not be used for other purposes except in cases where it is not provided by law and used only for retention.
② Expiration date
If the retention period of personal information has elapsed, the user’s personal information shall be returned within 5 days of the end of the retention period, when the personal information becomes unnecessary, such as the achievement of the purpose of processing personal information, the abolition of the service, or the end of the business, we destroy the personal information within 5 days from the date when it is deemed unnecessary to process personal information.
③ How to destroy
Personal information stored in an electronic file format is deleted, using a technique that cannot be played electronically.
7. Installation, operation, and rejection of personal information auto collection devices
PARMI installs and operates a device that collects personal information, such as cookies, which frequently store and locate user information. Cookies are tiny text files that the server used to run PARMI’s website sends to user’s browser and store on user’s computer’s hard disk.
① Purpose of cookies
Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the service, pages visited, and language preferences. We and our service providers use the information to facilitate navigation, display information more effectively, and to personalize your experience while using the service.
② How to reject cookies
Users can choose to refuse to store all cookies by setting options in a web browser;
Tools>Internet Options>Privacy Options>Personal Information. However, if the user refuses to install cookies, it may be difficult to provide services.
8. Personal information management assistant and department – Name and contact information
To protect personal information of users and handle complaints about personal information, PARMI is responsible for appointing related departments and personal information management managers as below.
The user can report any complaints relating to the privacy of personal information protection agencies or manager.
PARMI will give you a satisfactory answer as soon as possible regarding the reports made by its users.
▶ Personal information management department and personal information management manager
The department in charge : Management support team
Manager : Ji-man Kim
Contact : 042-478-9903, email@example.com
10. Securing safety of personal information
In accordance with Article 29 of the Personal Information Protection Act, PARMI provides technical, administrative and physical measures necessary to secure safety as follows.
① Minimization and education of the person in charge of personal information management
PARMI is implementing measures to manage personal information by designating and minimizing personnel handling personnel.
② Technical countermeasures against hacking
To prevent personal information leaks and damages by hacking or virus, PARMI installs a security program, and upgrades and inspects it regularly, and build up the system in a controlled area from external access and monitors and blocks technically/physically.